Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Shake Awakes"...

The east coast earthquake that hit yesterday is said to have been felt by 100 million people.  In a matter of 30 seconds this huge number of people were suddenly jolted into awareness that the Earth was moving beneath them.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if this many people were suddenly jolted into overall consciousness within the same amount of time?  How would it change the world?  How would we treat each other differently?  How would our priorities change?  How would we spend our time?  Who would we love more... or less?  How would our judgments change toward other people... and toward ourselves?  How would we care for our selves and others?  What would we care about more... or care about less? 

Instead, our world is waking up just a little at a time.  Perhaps humankind would not be able to handle a mass consciousness in such a sudden way.  Perhaps we would panic and resist the consciousness... more than we already do.  Perhaps the journey of consciousness really  IS the key rather than the destination.  Our evolution is a very slow process... and perhaps we can't rush it.

But I yearn for a time of oneness.... of unconditionality... of total and complete love rather than this utter fear that we seem to swim around in.  I ache for a time when we don't judge one another for our differences.  I pray that it happens in my lifetime, but I'm not willing to put money on it at this point.

About a week ago I had a startling realization on one of my walks.   I realized I am greedy.  My greed, though, is based on wanting to be a change agent for as many people as I possibly can while I am still on this Earth.  I am not afraid to admit this greed... in fact, I am proud of it.  I am proud of the drive that I have had as long as I can remember to help people to heal and to evolve.  As a kid I remember seeing elderly people barely walking through a store or sitting alone in a restaurant looking tired and depressed.  I remember telling the Universe to take some of my youthful energy and give it to these people so that they could go on just a little longer or with just a little more energy.  Even then, I wanted people to live their lives to the fullest... to experience every drop of life that we are gifted with as humans.

And so my mission continues... My name is Katherine Kelly and I am greedy.  I will stand up any day and admit this as long as it helps someone to grow... to become more conscious.. and to do the ultimate service to our creator.... to evolve.

May your own personal earth shake enough today to bring you even a little more consciousness.. which will connect each person to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment