Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Spiritual Quest

"As long as we value comfort over effort, then we shall never have fortitude for a spiritual quest."  Deng Ming-Dao.

Growth takes time and effort and whoever thought that our own evolution would be easy really didn't have a clue.  Even though I work on myself and my spirituality on a daily basis, I still fall into the trap of believing that life should be easier than it is at times.  Just when I hit this wall, I also realize that the wall is part of the process of learning... again and again and again....  

Our soul's evolution goes through stages.  But once you've decided to grow, it never ends.  In fact, it can be rather addictive because it feels so much better to learn than to stay stagnant.  We can't deny our most natural state, which is of evolution.  But because our bodies have evolved about as much as they will, we must continue to evolve our souls.

"No pain, no gain."  Don't so much like this phrase.  But do love my evolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment