Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Conscious "Re-Entry"

After returning from a fabulous workshop in Sedona this week, I am reminded once again about how hard it can be to 're-enter' daily life following some time away.  Ironically, the conference was on 'consciousness', and I feel like I fully 'binged' on spirit in those 6 days away.  The challenge is.... I had to re-enter my daily routine soon after my return.

I liken vacation 're-entry' to that scene in the Apollo 13 movie when Tom Hanks and Kevin Bacon are looking at each other wondering if they are going to make it back into the atmosphere of Earth.  They don't know if they should brace for impact, or just count their blessings for the adventure they had.  They made it back to Earth, but landed with quite an impact.

What do you do to re-enter after a fabulous time away?  How conscious are you in your return to routine? 

In my case, I try to stretch out my own re-entry by minimizing time in front of the t.v., on the telephone, or doing anything that could abruptly 'shock' me back into the human reality. 

Next time you travel... plan some conscious re-entry to make your own transition smoother...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment